By Alex Jordan
For centuries, grapes have been known as “The Queen of Fruits” in many cultures all over the world. They are definitely one of the most popular fruits in the world and if you did not already know, it would amaze you to know that they have a history that goes as far back as 8000 years.
Now, this amazing fruit can be found growing in different parts of the world. Did you know that 72 million tons of grapes are annually grown worldwide? That is an astonishingly high number, but it is no big surprise considering their popularity!
Grapes come in different varieties and their flavor, texture and portability is what makes them so popular. They have numerous health benefits that have given them a status in the “super foods” category. Over the years, the fruit has been extensively studied and it has been found that grapes have extraordinary components that make them essential to health.
Beneficial Contents of Grapes
Being one of the super foods, there is no doubt that grapes have super powers that benefit our health in more ways than one. Making them a part of our regular diet can help in preventing obesity, different types of cancer, heart disease, high blood pressure, constipation, allergies, etc. Let us take a brief look at what this amazing fruit contains that makes it essential to our health:
- Grapes have a high content of Resveratrol, which is a polyphenolic phytochemical compound. Resveratrol is an anti-oxidant that has immense powers that help in preventing prostate and colon cancers, Alzheimer’s disease, degenerative nerve disease, coronary heart disease and fungal and viral infections.
- The risk of strokes is reduced by Resveratrol as it changes the blood vessels’ molecular mechanisms.
- Red grapes have an abundance of another anti-oxidant known as anthocyanins. This polyphenolic phytochemical has anti-inflammatory, anti-allergic, anti-microbial and anti-cancer properties.
- Minerals of the micronutrient variety such as manganese, iron and copper are plentiful in grapes. Eating them daily can give your body the essential minerals, it requires to be healthy.
- Grapes are also rich in Vitamins A, C and K, Vitamins of the B-complex variety such as riboflavin, pyridoxine and thiamin.
The Therapy Book
From aromatherapy to zero balancing and everything in between
For comprehensive information on more than 200 holistic health therapies in an easily understandable format, you can’t do better than The Therapy Book for Kindle, available here
This e-book is easily searchable, uses plain language and is organised into easy-to-digest bite-sized chunks, so you will soon know …
what each therapy is
how each therapy works
what each therapy can be used for
whether the therapy is effective
whether there are any known side effects
To find out more, click on the book below.
Thanks to Natural News for this article.